Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BBE Interview with German Pin-Up Model Seri

Beautifully Bound Entertainments Interview with Ms. Sari of Duesseldorf

BBE: Ms. Sari I would like to extend a thank you for spending the time with us to talk about, You!

Ms. Sari: I thank you for the interview. It is always fun to tell people a little bitmore about myself.

BBE: What is your real name?

Ms. Sari: My real name is Sarah, but since most people spell it wrong (Sara, Sahra, Shara), I have changed it a little.

BBE: Do you have a "model" name?

Ms. Sari: Yes, my modeling name is Sari. I actually got that one from a play that I wrote and stared in ten years ago. The name has not left me since.

BBE: How long have you been in this business?

Ms. Sari: I started May 2004 with pin up modeling. A few months before that I did mainstream modeling, but it started to get boring and after I had done my first pin-up shoot I felt in my heart that THIS is what I was supposed to do.

BBE: Do you consider this a business or a part of your life?

Ms. Sari: This is not only a part of my life, it is my life. We all need a hobby or a interest to keep us going. This and of course the people we love. When I started I had not heard much about Pin-up modeling before, and I grew in it more and more. .

BBE: When did you realize this is what you wanted to do?

Ms. Sari: Four years ago I found a pin up book in a store and I loved the sexy and at the same time innocent cuteness. I bought the book right away, and from there my collection grew on and on. Then one day I was doing an online search and I realized that there are many, many models out there still doing Pin-Up modeling today. Then I started to collect more and more 50's styled clothes and did my first photo shoot. It was then that I knew I found my place in life.

BBE: Do you, or did you have anyone you looked up to growing upthat was an inspiration to you?

Ms. Sari: I would not say it was someone specific. Since I was a small child I watched old movies with my grandmother during weekends. This was a fun time for me. So there is no one that I am aware of, but deep in my memory I have those glorified impressions of beautiful actresses from the 40's and 50's that influence me.

BBE: Can you give us the definition of "Cheesecake" modeling?

Ms. Sari: Cute. Sexy. Innocent. Naughty and defiantly funny.

BBE: Tell us about you growing up?

Ms. Sari: I was brought up in a small town in the country side. I did not really get out to see other areas before I was a teen. In school I was always considered a weirdo because instead of dressing fashionable I did not care about clothes but let's be honest: That was probably because clothes from the80's and 90's were not really hot or cute and I did not have the same background that others had (you may consider my family a bit exocentric).The boys in my class were mean and made my life hard for many years becauseI looked different and acted different, but I had a few wonderful friendsthat were individuals, too. Once I left the small town environmentI started to blossom and found out who I was.

BBE: Can you tell us where you are from and what you love about your location?

Ms. Sari: I originally came from a town named Hoechst and it is still nice to go back and visit the family. But on a long run it is too quiet and small for me.Now I live in Duesseldorf which is a famous German town of fashion.I love the huge flea-markets, and the many choices you have about where to go.As a country girl I LOVE that there are more than two decent places to hang out. I rarely drink, but I love the possibility to go and have a cocktail once in a while.

BBE: What interests you most about what you do?

Ms. Sari: It is hard to say... I meet so many nice and wonderfulphotographers, models, and artists. And they all more or less share mylove for pin ups and vintage style. I do not have to feel like a weirdo anymorebecause I know that people like me are out there. I am not all alone anymore.

BBE: What sets you apart from others in this business?

Ms. Sari: The experience. When I started there were only three girls doing my sort of work and we were all different types. There was and still is Sweetness who is a wonderful Rockabilly model, there was Velma Kelly (who suddenly disappeared) who did more glamour portraits of the 20's - 40's and there was little me. Since than many girls got the inspiration to start it themselves,but we were the three in Germany that started it all.

BBE: What memory do you hold dear?

Ms. Sari: I will never, ever forget the moment when I gave my great-grandmother the first pin up photo-prints of mine. She is 96 years old and has them hanging in her bedroom because she loves them so much that she wants them to be the first thing she sees when she wakes up.

BBE: Where can we see you?

Ms. Sari: You can see me on http://www.retro-model.de/ and www.myspace.com/retro_sari

BBE: Do you do any kind of live shows?

Ms. Sari: No, I was playing with the thought to do some video-clips,but I have not gotten a camera yet. Doing a video-diary would be so cool.

BBE: Who do you work with on a regular basis as far as your photo shoots go?

Ms. Sari: My big, big all time favorite is Miss Giggles.We shot about seven or eight times in three years now and I would happily shoot with her again any time!!!

BBE: Does your family support what you do?

Ms. Sari: My boyfriend loves my photos. My mom collects them in a special folder and my great grandmother has them hanging in her room.I have all the support a pin up girl can dream of.

BBE: What would you tell a girl looking to get into this kind of thing?

Ms. Sari: There is not much money in pin up modeling so you have to love it a lot to do it. Be aware that being a pin up model will truly become a addiction to you.

BBE: Have you been in any magazines and if so which ones?


Ms. Sari: Yes, I have been in a few mags and in some books, too. Here is a little listing.

Books: Thomas Buchta "Intense" (2006) Thomas van de Scheck "H.E.L.P.-Hell Enters Life Permanently" (2006) Dirk Behlau "Speed Kings" (08/2007 - preorder at http://www.thefilthyrats.com/)

Magazines: Hepmarket (2005) Slam Bam (2005) Drag Racer (2007) Power Glide (2007) About 20 (2007)

BBE: Ms. Sari, you are absolutely lovely and we at BBE enjoyed having the chance to talk with you. Thank you so very much for your time.. Interviewed on 06/18/07

No comments: